Thursday, June 25, 2009

Hashimoto's

On June 17th I had an appointment in
Little Rock with the Endo Dr.
finally.
He did confirm my thoughts
of me having
Hashimoto's.
It is nice to have a doctor say
yes you do have Hashimoto's.
Although he does not believe that the sudden milk allergy and the Hashimoto's is related.
I am not a doctor.....
but by what I have read,
an allergy is the immune system
attacking a substance it finds to be foreign.
And Hashimoto's is an immune disease, right?
I also really think that the
Metabolic Research Diet
I had been on for almost 3 months had something to do with it.
The protein drinks,
I have found,
are milk whey protein.
And with me going to them
and saying my Dr. has given me a note
and has requested that I stop the diet.
I was having chest pains and hives and swelling face.
They said
"Oh, well we don't have anything that would cause
chest pains and hives....
just keep on with the program."

Um mm, no.

So frustrating and such a waste of money!

I can do it though! The right way. With exercise and eating right and balanced. Not too much of any one thing.....like protein....whey protein.

I started a Weight Management class last week and I went again today.....2 pounds lighter!

Thank you very much....
I see a bright future....

1 comment:

  1. one doctor told me that i couldn't blame all my symptoms on my thyroid. i was thinking to myself, 'i didn't have any of these symptoms until my thyroid issues started!" so frustrating. i went undiagnosed a long time, so unfortunately, i gained lots of weight. until i got on the right meds about 2yrs ago. now i'm struggling. i've lost about 15. but that's it. i know that i have to stay at 1200 cals a day, plus exercise 5x a wk at least 30 mins a day. i've been bad w it all these last few wks so i haven't lost anything lol but hey, least i'm not gaining :)

    ReplyDelete