Friday, June 26, 2009

Eventful Day

I have had some pretty nasty swelling.
Lips, eye lids, fingers and toes.
I have been able to catch it early enough
with my fingers to take my rings off.
Well, too late this morning.
I made a visit to the Fire Dept. in
Conway after calling Dad
to find out if they do cut rings off.
Before I could even ask...
Dad said Firemen can do it.
Off I went.
There were at least 7 there
and none of them had ever used this freaky little tool.
But they got it off and saved the day.
Once it was off there was instant relief.
I thought...
save the ring
and wait for the swelling to go down
in uummm,
12 hours.
No.
The swelling would not have gone down.
The ring can be repaired.

I believe this is due to having a little bit of butter
on my fingers from making corn
for Jane and Charlie.
I my have contaminated my food with it.
It is hard to pinpoint because the reaction
does not surface until 6 to 12 hours later.

I think I will have to were latex gloves like my Mom has said.

1 comment:

  1. Do you have any type of Health food store that might have Earth Balance Butter? It tastes great and no one in your family will know the difference. Plus you won't have to worry about cross contamination. With Charlize, if the dairy even touches her she has a reaction. You might be the same it just takes a little longer for the effects to show. Smart Balance Light??? is also dairy free. Not exactly positive if its that one for sure but I know that one of the smart balance butters it completely dairy free.

    ReplyDelete